Caleruega Church

The Transfiguration Chapel

Rising tall and majestic in the highest point of Caleruega is the Transfiguration Chapel. From here one can behold the expanse of Caleruega and witness the glorious opus of radiant nature – a symphony of sky, trees, and the distant hills of Batulao. Like St. Peter during Jesus’ transfiguration, anyone who experiences such splendor of nature’s poetry will declare: Lord, it is good for us to be here… (Mt.17:4).

The chapel itself is replete with symbolism. Its façade is a reproduction of the original chapel in Caleruega, Spain. Its hut-shaped roof is in remembrance of the temporary sheds that the apostles wanted to build for Jesus, Moses, and Elijah during the transfiguration (Mt 17:1-8). The seal of the Dominican Province of the Philippines is depicted in stained glass in the upper portion of the chapel’s façade. The seven grapevines entwined in the steel doors of the chapel not only portray Jesus as the vine and we as branches (John 15:5), but also symbolize the seven sacraments. The main altar is a carved tree trunk representing the “stem of Jesse,” mentioned in the Book of the Prophet Isaiah: then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, and a branch from his roots will bear fruit (Is 11:1). The tabernacle is a gentle reminder of the burning bush through which God revealed Himself to Moses in Mt. Sinai (Ex 3:2). The birds carved on the communion table are representations of God’s providence in Matthew 6:26: Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap…and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. The stained glass depicts the Transfiguration of Jesus witnessed by Peter, John, and Luke. With Jesus are Moses and Elijah, two significant instruments of God in the Old Testament (Mat 17:3).

Reviews:
“Wedding in Caleruega is a dream come true for me. Way before Andrew became my boyfriend, i am already wishing for a Caleruega wedding. Our travel to Nasugbu to submit the requirements and for our pre cana was worth it! Super beautiful!” Andrew & Dette

“Our Chapel doesn’t only captivate us but also our guests! It’s worth the travel! Be sure to tell your guest to come early so that they would have enough time to roam and capture the beauty of Caleruega. Staff were very accommodating (ready to answer your queries). The cost will only cover the use of the Chapel and its sound system, in short, di pa kasama ang choir and flower arrangements.” Romeo & Aileen

“We fell in love with this church. There’s no place else we have in mind where we would say our vows. The UST Faculty of College of Nursing usually have their retreats at Caleruega so it has a certain attachment to us. It is very picturesque and we feel that its very solemn and quiet. We knew from the start the guests will enjoy its scenic spots. True enough they really did. We enjoyed our picture taking because the view of the mountains was just amazing. For older guests there is a small gate at the side of the chapel from the road to save them the hassle of taking the stairs.” Rene & Joanne

Possible Reception:

Contact Numbers: 0921-830-4226 0921-270-9890
Contact Persons: Ms. Jackie,Ms. Melda,Ms. Cristalle

Incoming search terms:

• caleruega church
  • caleruega
  • caleruega church website

Comments

1. sonny bernardo says:

hi.

just want to ask if its okay if i just drop by there and check the place….

thanks…

2. Jedlee Raymundo says:

Hi, ladies.

I am helping a friend prepare for her wedding. Can you please email me the availablity for Deceber 2012.

Thanks!

Jedlee

3. Jedlee Raymundo says:

Hi, ladies.

I am helping a friend prepare for her wedding. Can you please email me the availablity for December 2012.

Thanks!

Jedlee

4. jhay28chelle says:

hi can you kindly email me the rates , wedding package and wedding availability on august 2012 thank you

5. ma. sheila argonia says:

hi there could you pls mail me the rates , wedding package and wedding availability on december 2012 thanks

6. Can we pass by on the place without any reservations or appointments?? Thank you

7. May I ask for the official website of Caluerga church

8. monica joy datoon says:

hi can you kindly email me the rates , wedding package and wedding availability on may and june 2013 thank you.. :)

9. monica joy datoon says:

10. hi can you kindly email me the rates , wedding package and wedding availability on july or august 2013 thank you

11. hi can you kindly email me the rates , wedding package and wedding availability on july or april 2013 thank you

12. hi can you kindly email me the rates , wedding package and wedding availability on april or may 2013 thank you

13. Hi, can you send me the available schedule for wedding on January and Februray 2013..and the packages you are offering. Thanks!

14. ramil miguel mendoza says:

hi would like to know if 4 sundays of june 2013
    still available for wedding? also what is the requirements and rate for the church thanks a lot.

15. Good day.. Just want to inquire how much is the rates for the church, including the priest or any inclusive of the package.. It will be on sept10, 2015.. Ty very much

16. Hi. I just wanna ask something. I remember I saw this article on one of the magazine on this newspaper years ago and this is a true story. The story is about a bunch of college boys who went on retreat or outing in Batangas. They are having fun so they decided to take a picture in front of the church, when the pic was developed they saw a woman dressed in a wedding gown waiting for her groom. But as they recall, there are no wedding event the time they took that picture. What puzzles me is I cant remember the name of the church but when I saw the church in Caleruega on the internet, I am very sure that its in Caleruega Church. When the boys researched about the woman standing on the church they said that it happened when the woman was waiting on the day of her wedding and her groom didnt show up. In other words nagpaparamadam ung bride. Hope you can give an article about this. Thanks

17. Charittee Bautista says:

Hi! I just want to ask if Jan.26 or 27, 2013 is still available to use the chapel for a wedding venue? Preferably at noontime. I wanna ask also your requirements for a wedding and how much would it cost. Maybe you can also email me a package rates for your reception hall or roofdeck at Calereuga. Please let me know at once.

Thank you so much.

18. hello, im planning to get married nxt yr june. can u email me the package and rates. thank you!

19. i would like to know the rates for the package of the wedding ceremony ( including the flowers, choir, priest, and one assisting the entourage in the church ) to be held at caleruega church. n the packages for the wedding banquet at the caleruega rooftop n also at the veritas hall for january 15 2014. thank you

20. Miyem Diokno says:

Hi,I”d like to know if the church is still available for an afternoon wedding on April 28, 2013? Kindly send me also the rates for a wedding ceremony package and the reception package in the hall and roofdeck. Thanks.

Trackbacks